Tuition Reduction with SCRIP
SCRIP is a term that means "substitute money". When you purchase SCRIP, you're purchasing certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cash. You can use SCRIP to purchase everyday expenses like food, gas, clothing, home repair, and other essentials, and with every purchase, you can lower your tuition. The businesses you purchase SCRIP from return to CSCS a rebate from two to fifteen percent or more. SCRIP is a popular revenue source because families don't have to sell anything. Simply plan ahead and make normal household purchases you would make anyway. Restaurant, clothing, toys, home improvement, even gasoline can be purchased with SCRIP. These retailers offer a substantial rebate to CSCS. CSCS in turn passes on 80% of the rebate directly to your family in the way of a tuition reduction. The remaining 20% is used for administrative costs of the program.
We are partnering with SCRIP to allow our parents to purchase cards online at SCRIP's website, www.shopwithscrip.com. CSCS families can create a personal account using their e-mail address and then select CSCS as their non-profit option by using our online code LA191565832L. The website also gives you the opportunity to use SCRIP's new Presto Pay option, which automatically withdraws your payment from your bank account. Families may also choose to pay for their purchases by sending a check to the CSCS Business Office. For more information on SCRIP online ordering, please contact the CSCS Business Office at (719) 599-3553.
If you are interested in signing up but not online, CLICK HERE and download the SCRIP Packet. Fill out the information and drop it by the Business Office.