CSCS High School Off to a Good Start!
Colorado Springs Christian High School 2012-2013
Colorado Springs Christian High School is off to a great start and it is hard to believe that we are approaching the end of the first quarter. We have experienced dynamic chapels, which included student testimonies and exhortations to their peers. See You at the Pole was celebrated as many of our students met early on a Wednesday morning to pray and worship with their schoolmates around the flagpole. SYATP is a tradition that started in the United States in 1990 and has grown internationally.
Some other first quarter activities at the high school include:
- Band students have been busy auditioning for community honor bands
- The cast of Cinderella is working hard for their upcoming production
- The Junior Class Council is busy preparing for the Junior/Senior Banquet
- The ACTS team is attending seminars and learning how to fulfill their roleStudents have been leading worship and Scripture reading in chapel
- The Homecoming committee is busy preparing for the banquet and coronation program
- Golf finished their season with a state meet
- Tennis had a very strong finish to their seasonVolleyball is about to enter districts
- Football is still competing with several contests scheduled
- Our Cross country team is entering the final weeks of their season
- Soccer is still competing with some tough matches and post play ahead
As the year's routine takes root, students have been working diligently in their coursework. Twelve dual credit HS/College courses are now being taught at CSCHS.
Looking ahead to Quarter 2:
- Parent-Teacher conferences are being held October 25 & 26. Please visit the high school homepage at www.cscslions.org to request conferences.
- On November 6, we will celebrate a special Veteran's Day chapel along with CSCS middle school students
- Cinderella will be performed in the CSCS auditorium on November 16 & 17
- Winter sports kick into gear on November 9
- The bands and choirs will perform their Christmas concerts on December 3 and 10, respectively
Colorado Springs Christian High School is a busy place. The high school administration and faculty encourage students to get involved in a variety of different activities. High school is a great time to find areas that are fun and where students might discover their gifting.