Welcome to Colorado Springs Christian Schools! We are excited to partner with you and provide an excellent education from a Christ-centered Biblical perspective, for lifelong service... for ALL students who attend our school.
Colorado Springs Christian Schools is located on the edge of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains with a beautiful view of Pike's Peak. We enjoy sunshine and beautiful weather almost every day of the year as well as easy access to many outdoor sports including hiking, biking, skiing, and a variety of water sports in nearby lakes and rivers. International students at CSCS enjoy a secure and challenging academic environment where they can grow spiritually as well as physically, emotionally, and socially. A wide variety of fine arts and a competitive athletics program compliments a full academic curriculum. Many students earn college credit through AP classes, concurrent college classes, and the Early College program. Test scores for CSCS students are among the top schools in the area for either public or private schools. The fine arts include visual and computer graphic arts as well as drama productions and instrumental and vocal music. Our high school music program is composed of a concert band, jazz band and choral group. In athletics, students have a chance to participate in a wide variety of sports from individual sports such as tennis and golf to large group sports such as football. Best of all, CSCS is a place where students forge lasting friendships with other students, with teachers who impact their lives deeply, and with Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives. CSCS believes that the best preparation is one that prepares them with a truly Christian education for a rapidly changing world. Whether the student comes from Colorado Springs or from anywhere around the world, we believe they will find that at CSCS.
CSCS's mission is...... To provide an excellent education from a Christ-centered, biblical perspective for lifelong service.
Classes usually start around the third week of August. Applications for the fall semester are typically accepted in April - June, depending on the number of openings which remain. Applicants may apply after that date but with the amount of time required for the paperwork and visa applications, there is no guarantee that all the papers can be processed for the student to start school by the fall semester. Students should plan to arrive 3-5 days prior to the start of school to make sure they are acclimated to the climate and the time zone before starting school.
Applications (see international student tuition rates) for Second semester are processed in the fall through the end of October only as openings are available.
Students must demonstrate:
- Academic ability and motivation (minimum C average and above in home country)
- References which indicate motivation, self-discipline, study skills, and emotional maturity to adjust to a new language and culture
- Adequate English language proficiency scores
- SLEP, iTEP SLATE or agreed upon alternative scores (will be evaluated by ELL staff)
- Other measures of English language proficiency accepted on a case by case basis
For more information please contact
2013/2014 International Student Brochure
- Complete Colorado Springs Christian Schools Online International Student Application or approved agency application.
- Pay application fee (non-refundable) of $200. (We accept VISA, U.S. check or international money order.)
- Send the required documentation (List 1 and 2) through the sponsoring agency to the school. (Fax number (719) 268-2185)
- Send completed forms before an interview can be granted.
LIST 1 - Click here for Recommendation Forms
- Principal/Counselor Recommendation or Character Recommendation Letter
- English Recommendation Form
- Math Recommendation Form
- Official English transcripts of all academic work from all of High School or last two years if younger than 16.
- English language proficiency score (SLEP, iTEP SLATE or agreed upon alternative) . . . must check with CSCS for approved substitute.
- With the above items, CSCS will process your application. If we do not have room for the applicant, we will not process the application, and we will refund the application fee.
- Once the application is processed, we will arrange for an interview. The interview may take place in person if at all possible; otherwise, we will set it up by SKYPE, in English.
- Upon acceptance, a one-time, non-refundable New International Student Acceptance Fee of $300 per student is due.
- Once accepted, the I-20 form is issued and printed in Colorado Springs. CSCS will mail the original to the overseas residence at our expense, registered mail (about 10 days). If the family or organizations wishes it to be expedited, they may pay for the alternate shipping. If currently at a USA school, fill out the CSCS F-1 Transfer Report (Form I) and submit to your current school for completion.
- The family goes on-line to www.FMJfee.com and pays the fee to register the visa application. That must be done 48 hours prior to the visit to the embassy or the family must take their printed receipt as proof of payment.
- The family makes the appointment at the embassy nearest them and asks what documents are required. Upon receipt of the I-20 from the school, the family may keep their embassy appointment for their interview. The embassy issues the visa to the student. The student is then free to travel to the US to attend school.
- Prior to arrival, the following documents must be received.
LIST 2 - Click here for Additional Forms
- Confidential Statement of Financial Support
- Letter of Guardianship
- F-1 Transfer Report
- International Student Conditions
- Immunization Verification Form
- Copy of the Passport or Birth Certificate (if passport is still not issued)
- Copy of Visa
- Proof of Medical Insurance (required)
- Official Original school transcript (signed and sealed)
Please Note: Tuition and fees must be paid by August 1st or December 1st depending on semester start date.
2013/2014 Tuition Rates
Tuition is due by August 1st
(December 1st if arriving for 2nd Semester Only)
New for 2013, the elementary and middle school tuition has been deceased. The high school tuition is the same as last year.
New International Student Application Fee:
- Non-refundable $200 (per student) due with submittal of New Student Application form.
New International Student Acceptance Fee:
- Non-refundable $300 (per student) one-time fee due upon acceptance of student.
The following fees are NOT included in the above tuition rates:
- Student/Activity Fees: Depends upon grade level and student needs (see Student Fee Sheet)
- Multiple Child Discount:
- $500 for an additional child (immediate family only)
FINANCE CHARGE/LATE PAYMENT CHARGE/MISCELLANEOUS CHARGES
Because CSCS has a commitment to pay its bills and financial obligations on time, we encourage each family to keep their account current and up to date. Late payments and outstanding balances will be handled in the following manner:
Upon acceptance of your student, CSCS recognizes your commitment to the school year. Therefore, when a student is withdrawn prior to the first day of school of any year, CSCS will release Parents from the obligation to pay a full year's tuition only in exchange for the payment of any non-refundable fees (including, but not limited to, the Application Fee, Acceptance Fee, Re-enrollment Fee, and Student Activity Fee). When a student is withdrawn after the first day of school of any year, CSCS will release Parents from the obligation to pay a full year's tuition only in exchange for the payment of $1000 or the prorated tuition amount, whichever is GREATER, together with payment of any non-refundable fees (including, but not limited to, the Application Fee, Acceptance Fee, Re-enrollment Fee, and Student Activity Fee). Any payments received by CSCS for withdrawal of student shall be deemed liquidated damages and not a penalty.