Hybrid Online Program
The Hybrid Online Program at CSCS is a combination of our non-traditional program with online classes provided by CSCS and Sevenstar Academy for a full educational solution. Certain rights and privileges come with being a Hybrid student at CSCS though not the full array that are afforded to full-time students. It is an affordable option for those who need a more flexible program or one that only costs about half of the traditional program.
- Student takes 2-3 courses ON CAMPUS. These courses help the student experience the unique environment of a CSCS education including biblical integration, class discussions, learning from and with other students, and one of the most important aspects of living in community...relationships. Parents and students will work with the high school counselors or middle school principal to choose the courses that will best suit their educational program. For some, these may be lab experience classes such as science, art, or computer. For others, it may a subject in which they are struggling and need direct instruction by a teacher including extra time and additional explanations. Some students need the benefit of being in a choir or a Bible class in order to round out their social, emotional, and spiritual development. Taking part in regular classes and experiencing relationships with teachers and students is an essential part of what we believe a CSCS education includes. Year-long courses on campus cost $840 per course for high school and $730 for middle school. (Half of that for semester-long courses.) There are some registration and application fees in addition, depending on whether you are a first time student or a re-enrolling student. The limit of non-traditional courses per year is three (*for possible exceptions, see Guidance counselors or MS Principal). Hybrid students are allowed into classes only as space is available. There may be limitations on classes which require tryouts.
- Student takes 3-4 classes online (to combine with 2-3 courses on campus to be a full-time student). Our Hybrid program is primarily structured in partnership with Sevenstar Academy, a Christian online course provider. To make that more affordable, we are offering a discount on those courses when taken in conjunction with our non-traditional program. The first course will cost $665 and all additional courses will cost $585 (includes discount) per year (with additional costs for AP or dual-credit courses). Books and other materials are extra. (Semester-only classes with Sevenstar are more expensive than half of a full year course. The cost is $560 for the first course and $515 for each additional course.) These courses are taught from a biblical perspective and are taught at a level which will allow students to continue their education at CSCS if they choose to return as a full-time student or remain as a hybrid/non-traditional student. (It is important to understand Sevenstar's refund policy before signing up for classes.)
- The online classes are taken completely at home. With this combination, tests do not have to be administered at the school. The reason is that the transcript does not come from CSCS. It is up to the online school (Sevenstar) and the parent to verify if that work is truly being done by the student.
- Extra-curricular benefits include the ability to attend chapels weekly and eat lunch in the cafeteria. Students are also welcome to attend the retreats with their classmates (upon the approval of the class advisors). Students are invited to attend any field trips for classes in which they are enrolled as hybrid students. They are also welcome on trips such as sports trips (fan buses) and other special events (with the approval of the class advisors, and when they cover the cost). They are invited to participate in events for the class such as Junior-Senior Banquet (if they cover the ticket cost). They are invited to purchase a yearbook. These are costs that full-time students cover in their fees that hybrid students are not charged for unless they actually participate in the events. Other events will be decided upon by class advisors.
- Hybrid students are eligible to play on any of the sports teams for an additional fee. See the athletic director for team information and the costs associated with particular sports. There is a discount in the cost of a sport for additional sports for that student or any other hybrid student in the family.
- Hybrid students are eligible to run for some offices or be elected to a position such as homecoming king/queen. They are not allowed to graduate as a senior. Seniors must be Traditional students to receive a CSCS diploma. A Traditional senior has to take a minimum of six classes. One of those courses may be off campus.
- There is no 100% online option for CSCS at this time. If a student wants to pursue 100% online instruction, there are other schools to pursue. We believe that a CSCS education includes some of the social, emotional, and spiritual components that can only be gained through contact with our teachers, students, and school environment. Otherwise, it will not be a CSCS education.
High School Costs: (must take at least 2 non-traditional courses to qualify for the Sevenstar discount)
- 3 non-traditional and 3 online: 2520 + 665 + 1170 = $4355 plus fees, which vary by course
- 2 non-traditional and 4 online: 1680 + 665 + 1755 = $4100 plus fees, which vary by course
Middle School Costs: (must take at least 2 non-traditional courses to qualify for the Sevenstar discount)
- 3 non-traditional and 3 online: 2190 + 665 + 1170 = $4025 plus fees, which vary by course
- 2 non-traditional and 4 online: 1460 + 665 + 1775 = $3880 plus fees, which vary by course
Other fees: (both HS and MS)
- Books and other materials for online courses are not covered by CSCS
- Other costs might include yearbook, sports pass, retreats, sports fees, etc.
Students wishing to take single classes from Sevenstar will pay $665 per class.
For more information, please contact Kathy Turner in the Admissions Office (719) 268-2188 or
Dave Kohut at (719) 268-2115 in the High School Guidance Office.
Click Here to view the presentation given to parents by Sevenstar.
Click Here to view the matrix for the classification of students for the purposes of Online Education.
What are the next steps for the Hybrid Program?
Read through the CSCS Classification of Students and Parameters for Online Instruction. Determine if your son or daughter would be interested in the Hybrid Program. Make sure to email
and request your name to be put on our mailing list so that we send you the latest information on the program.
If so, contact a HS guidance counselor (grades 9-12) or MS Principal (going into grades 6-8) to discuss possible courses and aspects of the program you might be interested in.
If you already have a CSCS STUDENT
, and you are satisfied that the Hybrid Program might meet your student's needs, you will need to make a decision to withdraw your student from the traditional school program. Otherwise, the paperwork process will continue and you will be expected to sign the Tuition Contract signifying that you intend to stay as a full-time, traditional student. There are liquidated damages of $500 or $1000 which must be paid if the parent signs that Tuition Contract and then later pulls the student out. (See the Enrollment Conditions for details.) Please note...
the courses your student may have signed up for will not be reserved for them once they have withdrawn from the traditional program. Current students will need to Click Here
and complete the registration form.
If you are a NEW STUDENT, you need to fill out a Hybrid student application. You will find information on the website under Admissions. Much of the information is listed under Hybrid Students. The application itself can be filled out online by choosing "Online Applications".
Once you have decided to pursue the Hybrid Program, it is important to sign up for it. Registrations for classes will be processed the second week of August, but they will be processed in the order they are received. A Hybrid Program Registration Form is available with a place to indicate which courses your student would be interested in.
Monthly payments on the FACTS system are expected to start the beginning of July. That is why it is important to have the registrations received by July 1. Since the overall cost is about half of the traditional program, we expect that families will elect to pay smaller payments throughout the year. They can also elect to pay on an annual or semi-annual basis if they want to pay by check, cash, or credit card. There is no additional discount for paying on that basis. There is also no additional discount for multiple children in the Hybrid Program. PLEASE NOTE: If the courses are not available that the student has requested, a full refund of all tuition will be arranged. This is not the policy with our other programs. Since this program depends on space available, and some specific classes may fill, refunds will be issued on a case by case basis. The only fees that are not refundable are the re-enrollment fee (returning students) or the application and acceptance fees (new students).
PLEASE NOTE: CSCS pays Sevenstar's full tuition for Student's online course(s) upon registration with Sevenstar, which is prior to the beginning of the course(s). Once registration with Sevenstar has been completed, Sevenstar will only refund CSCS a portion the tuition for the course(s) as per the course information document. Therefore, Parent(s) are responsible to maintain their payment plan until they have paid to CSCS the portion of tuition for which CSCS was not refunded. This amount of tuition is in addition to the liquidated damages as stated in the above paragraph, regardless of when Student withdraws from Sevenstar class(es).
PLEASE NOTE: Families must have 1/3 of the cost of the Sevenstar courses paid for before CSCS will order the courses.