CSCS was voted the Best Private School in Colorado Springs by the Colorado Springs Business Journal Best in Business Awards for 2015. We are so pleased with this recognition and we thank all of our families for their support in making us the BEST in Colorado Springs.
- Blue Ribbon School Award
- In 2010, our middle school received the national Blue Ribbon School Award, a mark of excellence bestowed by the U.S. Department of Education. This widely recognized symbol of exemplary teaching and learning is awarded each year to only 50 private schools in the country. One of the qualifications requires that standardized test scores fall within the top 10% in the nation. Other criteria involve instructional time, elective course offerings, and faculty credentials.
- National Merit Scholarship Program
- The National Merit Scholarship Program recognized students from across the nation who scored exceptionally high on the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT®), a test which serves as an initial screen of approximately 1.5 million students each year. Of that number, approximately 34,000 students will be awarded Commended status and 16,000 will be named as Semi-Finalists. Approximately 15,000 move on to Finalist status and are eligible to receive a Merit Scholarship® award.
- CSCS students recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Corp since 2005: Total of 50 students — 16 Finalists and 34 Commended
- U.S. Military Academy Appointments
- CSCS has had 28 graduates receive United States Military Academy appointments since 1984. All five military service academies are represented in this number.
- Boettcher Scholarship
- The Boettcher Scholarship is a merit-based, full-ride college scholarship awarded annually to 40 graduating seniors in the state of Colorado. We are proud to say that one of our 2012 graduates was the recipient of this prestigious award.
- Daniels Scholarship
- The Daniels Scholarship is a four-year scholarship for students who demonstrate exceptional character, leadership, and a commitment to serving their communities. This scholarship, designed to cover the unmet financial needs of the college student, has been awarded to two CSCS graduates, one in 2013 and one in 2014.